Monday, December 1, 2014

organizing for literacy

Pinnell made the point that reading is a right, not a privilege. I would even expand that and say that education is a right rather than a privilege.  As a teacher, that makes it my duty to deliver a good education to my students and a step in the right direction is organization.

Pinnell's eight principles sum it up beautifully:

  1. Learn about learning
  2. Put your theory into action
  3. Establish inquiry as an integral part of your teaching
  4. Use research-based practices and put extra energy into making them work 
  5. Put your theory to work in the classroom
  6. Take every opportunity to create community
  7. Enjoy reading and writing with your students
  8. Imagine a future and work toward it.

Don't stop reading articles, and applying them.
Take action; be a good teacher.
here are some websites that might facilitate that!


1 comment:

  1. I love the list of educational websites! I've saved it in my resources for the future :)
    I also love Pinnell's reference that reading is a right, not a privilege! I agree with that whole heartedly!

    ReplyDelete